Wednesday 29 September 2010

Frosty Woolridges' bike ride across America is remaniscent of how Great Britain once was, although we are on a much smaller scale. His articulate recount of the scenary he passed through and man's contempt and disregard for its values and beauty in our lives reminded me of some of the journeys I sometimes take through this green and pleasant land. His article reminded me of why I no longer visit the cities, and why I often wonder why a hefty proportion of my income in council tax is demanded to subsidize a city in which I have no affinity with, and to whom whose citizens I no longer know or recognize. How times have changed. And how mans greed has multiplied.
Though small pockets of England still exisit, where simple charm and simplicity, move at a much slower pace, britains are leavng in their thousands, to return to a more natural and green way of life.

No comments: